About Our Troop
We uphold the vision of the Boys Scouts of America:
“Prepare every eligible youth in America to become a responsible, participating citizen and leader who is guided by the Scout Oath and Law.”
Troop 578’s goal for every Scout is that they have the tools and skills necessary to live their life as adults with integrity, and who will be exemplary citizens within their communities.
Troop 578 has a legacy of outstanding leadership development, quality program, high participation, strong retention, and a sense of family that gives our scouts the support they need to succeed in all things.
The Troop meets on XXX evenings at XXX Church from 6:00 until 8:00. Interested scouts, Webelos and parents are invited to visit the troop. To contact the Troop, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Troop 578 is the oldest and newest Scout Troop in Key West, and has been an active organization for community service, youth activity and leader development for almost XXX years. Even though we are a small troop in a small town, we take part in big adventures and activities, and we have high participation rate for our membership.
Each summer the Scouts of Troop 578 spend a week in XXX. Here we work on scout skills, merit badges, cooking, camping and plenty of fun, outdoor activities. Every other year is High Adventure time, with Jamboree or other activity.
rong in Scouting Since 1966
- Chartered by the Eden Prairie United Methodist Church
- Meetings every Monday at 7pm at EPUMC
- Part of the Eden Prairie Community since 1966
- Home troop to 100 Eagle Scouts and growing
- Troop size ranges from 20-40 Scouts
- Highly supportive Adult Scouter and Parent team
- Recipient of the National Quality Unit Award for over 15 consecutive years.
- The FUNNEST Troop around!
Did you know…
- Troop is the oldest of five Scout Troops in , and was originally chartered.
- Troop XXX charter organization is Eden Prairie United Methodist Church, which in 2004 celebrated its 150th anniversary as a part of the community.
- Troop XXX is part of the Mustang District, which serves Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, St. Louis Park, and part of Minnetonka. The District is part of the Northern Star Council, which is responsible for Scouting activities in central Minnesota from the South Dakota border east into northwestern Wisconsin.
- Every year, for over 50 years, Troop XX sponsors a Pancake Breakfast (PKB) that serves thousands in a single day. Scouts sell tickets, cook and serve food, wash dishes, and clear tables, earning enough to run the Troop and support a Scout’s camping activities for the entire year.